REAL-ID Compliant – Are you Ready?
REAL-ID Compliant, The United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has specific information about the new requirements on this portion of its website. On October 1, 2020, everyone 18 years of age and older must have a driver’s license that meets new federal security requirements or other acceptable forms of identification (listed on this TSA site) to board a flight. Known as REAL-ID, this new requirement is aimed at improving the safety of air travel and the security of driver’s licenses in all 50 states. To get a REAL-ID driver’s license, Americans must go to their state motor vehicle agency. Typically, they need to show proof of their social security number, date of birth, and U.S. citizenship, along with two different documents verifying their state of residency. But they should check with their respective driving agency in advance to ensure they take the proper documents with them to acquire the license.
Travelers unsure of whether they have a REAL-ID compliant license should check to see whether there is a star in the upper portion of their card.
- Typically, it is a gold or black star, a star cutout in a gold or black circle or a star cutout in a gold grizzly bear.
- This TSA site contains samples of the REAL-ID license and the email, telephone and social media channels to use for requesting more information.
If they don’t have a REAL-ID compliant license, we recommend our customers obtain one as soon as possible.
- Beginning October 1, 2020 travelers will be required to show a REAL-ID driver’s license or other approved documents to pass through airline security checkpoints.
- Travelers can obtain one by going to their respective state driver’s license agency. They need to contact the driving agency in advance to ensure they take the proper documents with them to acquire the new starred license.
Travelers without a REAL-ID can use a passport, a passport card or other form of acceptable government identification in order to board flights beginning next October.
- Examples of some government-issued identification that are acceptable for domestic air travel after October 20, 2020 are found here on tsa.gov
About Enchanted Woods Travel
Thank you for entrusting Enchanted Woods Travel with your vacation plans. We strive to provide all of our clients with the best possible options for the best possible vacation.As travel agents provide a service as do lawyers, doctors, teachers, taxi drivers, hairdressers, photographers, etc. We do this because we have a love for travel and we like to help you enjoy your life. We put a lot of time, effort, and research into looking for the best value vacation to suit YOU! Enchanted Woods Travel DOES NOT charge a fee for our services, we do however ask that you please allow us to complete your vacation booking plans for you. It might seem easier to “just do it yourself” but you entrusted us thus far, trust us the rest of the way!